On-Boarding Finance Manager
|Job Title:||On-Boarding Finance Manager|
|Salary:||£35635 - £40248 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Palmer|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 16:08|
Salary - £35,635 - £40,248 + £5,000 accountancy allowance (Dependant on qualification status) with offices in Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham, Swindon and Newport.
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK's leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
The On-Boarding Finance Manager is vital to ensuring that GPA successfully on-boards clients and estates to planned timescales. The activities undertaken by the post-holder are varied but will include: the due diligence on transferring assets and liabilities; agreeing accounting treatments for transfers and understanding tax implications. Furthermore, the On-Boarding Finance Manager will also ensure the successful cutover of transactional activity by reviewing estates budgets and forecasts including management costs and making sure the GPA charging model is applied correctly.
The responsibilities of the On-Boarding Finance Manager will include
- Strong client focus, with an ability to establish and maintain good relationships with clients' estates finance function and other key stakeholders.
- Manage due diligence exercises on estate-related financial information provided by the client and interrogate to identify material financial risks to GPA and ensure correct account treatments are applied.
- Work with the client and the GPA's outsourced service provider to ensure that financial transactional activity can transfer successfully from clients, including ensuring correct VAT treatment applied.
- Promote continuous improvement by developing and improving the processes and procedures around the creation of monthly client financial reports and forecasts.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A good level of experience in a financial audit or assurance role.
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret significant amounts of financial data.
- Ability to present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of complex and sometimes incomplete evidence.
- Strong organisational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team with occasional travel to the Birmingham office a requirement for the role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Operations Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £60000 per annum
Senior Finance Business Partner
Up to £407.08 per day
Finance Analyst - Investment Appraisal
£40451 - £46458 per annum + Civil Service Pension Scheme
Interim Service Charge Manager
£250 - 350 per day