£65614.11 - £82017.63 per annum + bonus & bens
8 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Rare opportunity for a qualified Fraud Investigator to work in the Caribbean with this well-regarded firm.
Your new company
A well-established specialist consultancy focused on international fraud investigation and dispute resolution, my client has grown impressively since formation to several offices worldwide, predominantly situated in offshore financial centres. Their specialist nature and deliberate strategy of not offering Assurance-based service-lines mean that they largely avoid conflicts of interests and value the independence and free-thinking that it empowers. Their professionals are a competitive mix of qualified accountants, restructuring and disputes/fraud professionals and forensic technology specialists. The firm has a clear view as to where it wishes to be perceived in the marketplace, and strives to be the most effective and sought-after offshore firm in the fields of fraud investigation and dispute resolution.
Your new role
The position wil lbe based in one of two Caribbean locations.
You'd be working on a range of complex, large and often multi-jurisdictional cases from a fraud or contentious/litigious angle. You don't need insolvency knowledge to be successful, but you'll learn some nonetheless on the job. Projects could include:
- Forensic accounting
- Fraud investigation
- Asset tracing & recovery (often complex)
- Contentious/Litigious work
- Regulatory investigations
- F Tech
These cases will typically be at the larger end of the scale, often making the press. But either way, they are just the right balance of professional/intellectual challenge and development.
What you'll need to succeed
This is what makes the opportunity rare. Usually for Offshore in this region you would need an Insolvency background as well as Investigative. Not in this instance. We are looking for:
- CFE/equivalent professional Fraud qualification
- (and/or ACCA/ACA)
- Fraud investigations experience from a Professional Services background, to Manager or at least experienced AM level.
- Alternatively, Contentious & Litigious Insolvency experience is of course also very welcome
- Someone who gets on easily with others (essential in these tight-knit jurisdictions)
- A 2nd language is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in return
- Working with well-established mentors as well as newer arrivals to the jurisdiction.
- Highly competitive F Tech suite & facilities
- Low rate of income tax
- Balmy climate and fantastic leisure life
- Work-life balance with which to enjoy the above
- Flexible working
- Gaining experience which will put you in a more competitive market position if/when you repatriate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.