Not for Profit Audit Director
|Job Title:||Not for Profit Audit Director|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Bixby|
|Job Published:||November 17, 2020 14:54|
Title: Not-for-Profit Audit Director
Contract: Full Time
Location: All offices
Do you have experience within the Not for Profit sector? Want to make a real difference to organisations operating in the sector?
We’re looking for someone who is immersed in the Charity and Not-For-Profit sector, with a solid technical understanding of these complex organisations, to join our team. We want someone who has a client-driven approach and focusses on the quality of service and technical competence when delivering reports to those charged with governance. The role will have a lot of flexibility and will be firm-wide, across all of our offices. Agile working is important to us so this will suit someone wanting to get away from a daily London commute. We are keen for the successful candidate to share their knowledge with junior team members and build our client base.
We are a leading provider of accountancy, tax, insurance and independent financial advice to individuals and businesses throughout the UK, with offices across East Anglia. We have over 100 years in business and as part of this role you will be given the opportunity to work with long-standing clients of the firm as well as growing new client relationships. We have an enviable reputation in the Charities and Not-For-Profit sector, and you will have direct exposure to leaders of these organisations and their finance teams. Teaming is very important to us and you will also work closely with other areas of our business, particularly our tax team.
Being able to build relationships quickly with clients, potential clients, team members and referrers is really important to us. It’s one of our key brand values and our main point of differentiation is our personal approach. We invest emotionally in our clients and people, take a genuine interest in their goals, offering honest and impartial advice so that we become their critical friend. Their success and troubles are ours too – we don’t just want to be their advisers; we see ourselves as part of their team too.
- Managing a key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Lead on dealing with large, technically complex clients
- Manage a number of audit teams and ensure planned audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Be proactive in discussing any concerns regarding an audit assignment with others in across the audit team, suggesting and implementing solutions
- Act as the firm-wide point of reference for technical and sector knowledge
- Research and prepare innovative proposals for new work and prospective clients
- Proactive in developing, maintaining, and monitoring your network
- Input into institute, training and development activities, writes articles and part of sector groups
- ACA/ACCA qualified with significant experience of managing a large portfolio of audit clients in the charity and NFP sector
- Experience of leading audits of varying sizes across the charity, social housing, and education sectors
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP and relevant SORPs
- Experience of dealing with complex technical matters and communicating them in plain English
- An External role in the Charities space would be a bonus (e.g. Trustee of a charity or governor of a school) – empathising with our clients is key to our approach as a firm and there is no better way of developing this than seeing things directly from their perspective
And in return?
You’ll be joining a team of experts in a leading financial services provider, receiving a competitive salary, enrolled in our Employee Benefits scheme with opportunities to volunteer in ways that help our community.
Scrutton Bland values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Senior - Charities and Not For Profit
Not For Profit Audit Manager / Senior Manager
£60000 - £75000 per annum
Audit Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working)
48000 - 65000
Audit Senior Manager - Not For Profit (Happy to talk flexible working)
53000 - 75000
AUDIT DIRECTOR (Partner Designate)
EUR £85,000 + bonus + benefits