Non Executive Director
|Job Title:||Non Executive Director|
|Contact Name:||Melanie Clark|
|Job Published:||January 07, 2020 11:14|
NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REMUNERATION C.£24K
The Mansfield is a highly successful independent mutual building society that supports both its local community as well as providing financial services on a national basis via postal and internet channels. The Mansfield prides itself on excellent personal service in helping people access affordable housing finance as well as providing a secure home for both personal and business savings. Due to the impending retirement of an existing Non Executive Director (after 9 years’ service), we are now seeking suitable applicants to assist the Society in continuing its successful growth.
The successful candidate will be expected to:-
- contribute to the leadership of the Society
- direct the business, develop strategy and monitor delivery of strategic objectives
- ensure the Society fulfils its responsibilities to retail customers
- ensure effective risk management and oversee compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- review the performance of the management team
We are seeking candidates with Board level experience and either a Financial Risk Management, Accounting or Treasury background, as these are key areas of corporate governance and prudential risk management skills.
Preferred candidates will ideally have either:-
- in-depth experience of Financial Risk Management within a financial services organisation, including reviewing and assessing capital adequacy, liquidity and other treasury related risks, as well as broader asset and liability management skills
- or, a Financial Risk, Accounting or Treasury qualification with significant recent experience of a building society, bank or mortgage lender.
Directors are required to attend monthly board meetings and potentially chair board sub-committee meetings – all the meetings take place in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
Directors are also expected to attend relevant seminars and training courses to keep up to date with industry and corporate governance developments.
The estimated time requirement to perform this role is 2-3 days per month.
The role is designated as a Senior Management Function within the Senior Managers Regime.
Please forward CVs to email@example.com by 31 January 2020.
To discuss the role in detail please contact the Chief Executive, Gev Lynott on 01623 676302.
Further details can be found at www.mansfieldbs.co.uk/careers/
Applications from candidates that will add to the diversity of the Board are particularly welcome. This role is only suitable for UK residents.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's