Newly Qualified Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Newly Qualified Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000|
|Contact Name:||Laura Bidwell|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2021 15:16|
Chapman Ventilation are one of the UK’s leading HVAC contractors specifically for the restaurant industry. We have over fifty years’ experience designing, manufacturing and installing bespoke HVAC solutions, and are committed to sourcing only the most sustainable products on the market today. To this day, Chapman Ventilation is still family owned and run, with David and Anthony Chapman having taken over from their parents more than 25 years ago. Our client base continues to grow, and we now handover in excess of 180 sites annually and maintain over 1500 sites each year.
Due to ongoing growth, we are now looking to add a newly qualified Management Accountant to an existing Finance team of 4. Reporting to the Finance Director, the role will be responsible for preparing and presenting the monthly management accounts for the UK & European business operations.
Daily duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Posting journals into the accounting system
- Reconciling turnover to primary books of entry
- Verifying that transactions entered into the accounting system are correct
- Preparing and presenting monthly financial statements to the Finance Director to include profit & loss, balance sheet & cash flow statements for all group companies
- Reconciling monthly balance sheets to include (but not limited to); fixed assets, debtors, creditors, stock & work in progress, prepayments, intercompany accounts, PAYE & NIC, CIS tax, and VAT & accruals
- Analysing and reporting with commentary on the financial performance of the company and its business units
- Ensuring transactions entered into the accounting system comply with generally accepted accounting principles (UK GAAP)
- Continually testing the accounting control environment for weaknesses and proposing and implementing improvements
- Ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis
This opportunity will suit an individual with 0 - 2 years post qualification experience, either from a practice or industry background, or candidates looking to switch from practice to industry. Applicants are not required to have previous exposure to European accounts however this would be advantageous. This role will involve using Sage Line 50 on a daily basis; experience is desirable although not essential.
Hours / Benefits:
This position will be required to work a 40-hour week between the hours of 08.00 - 17.00 Monday – Friday.
This position will be office based within a Covid secure environment; a full Covid induction will be provided on day 1 of joining with ongoing Covid prevention measures in place.
As part of working for our market leading organisation, we are offering a competitive rate of pay, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension and free on-site parking.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Management Accountant - Newly Qualified
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Plus Additional benefits
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Interim Management Accountant
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£200 - £250 per day