£45000 - £50000 per annum
24 days ago
To complete monthly management accounts, forecasting and budgeting and finance business partner to the Developer Services & Operations departments.
To provide support to the finance team through regular tasks
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
- Month end accounting for water company Developer Services & Operations departments, including accruals, prepayments, general book keeping and variance analysis.
- Business partnering to Developer Services & Operations business units including gaining an indepth understanding of the operational business to ensure that the business is making value for money commercial decisions.
- Generating monthly reporting packs for the operational business, to ensure that operational heads of departments and cost centre managers are in control of their expenditure. Developing finance reporting that links into the non financial key performance indicators and performance commitments of the operational department.
- Quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 5 year high level forecasts, regular review and tracking against forecast.
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner - Capex on monthly accounting of Developer Services accounts.
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal sign off
- Implementation of business controls and procedures.
- Development of month end timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
- Building partnerships and strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams to provide financial support for operational and commercial decision making.
- Understanding the cost drivers of the business and providing insight to non finance members. Providing finance for non-finance training across the business units.
- Challenging current ways of working, driving efficiencies and best practise wherever possible.
- Being a key member of the delivery of the external audit at half year and year end.
- Newly ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Management accounting and business partnering experience
- Experience of working with non-finance members of the organisation
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to liaise with other departments to ensure efficient monthly processes.
- Ability to work across departments - both as a customer of other departments and as a service provider to others.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Can work in a time-pressured environment.
- Enthusiastic to streamline processes
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision is a bonus but not essential
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage