Newly Qualified: conversion to Forensic
|Job Title:||Newly Qualified: conversion to Forensic|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||bonus & bens|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 13:34|
If you're a new ACA who loves to challenge commercial assumptions, keep reading...
Your new company
Hays are proud to have a longstanding relationship with this market-leading Forensic independent. The firm have a number of Experts highly regarded on the world stage. They attract work across a vast range of disputes and international arbitration, including contractual/commercial, financial services, construction/infrastructure, disputed transactions, competition matters, energy, treaty disputes, contentious valuations and much more.
Your new role
Working across much of the above, and with a variety of Partners/Experts, you'll be given full training on the job for your conversion to Forensic.
In detail, your role could include all or some of the following:
- Principles of causation of damages (e.g. loss of profits, compensable costs, breach of warranties, misrepresentation, interest calculations)
- Valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Modelling, testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges
- Analysing strengths/weaknesses of opposing cases, formulating alternative damage scenarios and advising on strategic implications
- Different dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. trial, civil hearing, mediation, arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals)
- Sale and purchase agreements, completion accounts, expert determination and transaction related disputes
- Review of policies and procedures, internal processes and controls
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Liaising with clients, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts, and regulatory enforcers
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong academic record
- Newly or recently qualified ACA
- Background in external audit or advisory
- Ability to spot the unusual and the persistence to discover the cause
- Ability to communicate efficiently with Project Management and with existing & prospective clients, their consultants and legal teams in their native language (Russian)
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
What you'll get in return
High calibre work, equivalent to Big 4 or major international firm. A career trajectory only limited by ability or ambition. And a firm which has a proven track record of developing future Experts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Forensic Senior Manager
50000 - 60000
Forensic Services Manager
50000 - 60000
Forensic Investigations Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£458 - £60000.00 per annum
Forensic Senior Manager, Disputes & Investigations, Top 10 Firm
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
Returning to work event
Free to attend