60000 - 85000
16 days ago
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
This is a unique opportunity where you will drive forward our approach in delivering high quality and efficient audits.
Here are some things you can expect:
- Making quality second nature. By investing time to develop and maintain strong ISA and Grant Thornton audit methodology knowledge, you will ensure team members do the same by leading training/discussion groups in specialist areas. Strong knowledge must be maintained on relevant audit and assurance reporting requirements, ensuring that the firm’s resources and templates are maintained and updated on a timely basis. You will contribute to professional debates and prepare training on complex audit/assurance concepts to persuade others of their views.
- Own your own work. An expert in designated specialist areas, you will lead team members in such areas and develop contacts with other GT service lines, network member firms and external networks. By reviewing deliverables by junior team members, you will identify external committees in order to influence and engage in professional debates.
- Be a part of a team. Leading your specialist function in line with the firm’s CLEARR values, you will seek regular feedback and identify learning/development needs to grow technical and personals skills as well as provide team members with feedback. There will be people manager responsibilities such as performance reviews and development plans, and your team will look to you for motivation and mentoring. You’ll contribute to the smooth running of the department, by suggesting and implementing any process improvements.
- Take responsibility. Taking a leading role on providing technical advice and expertise to the audit practice, you will focus on providing appropriate and timely technical support; second-reviewing and, where appropriate, responding to technical queries and consultations. You will oversee the production of and contribute to the development of technical guidance and supporting materials in specialist areas; and ensure that the team provides proactive support to engagement teams.
- Build your brand. Lead the writing of relevant deliverables including consultation responses on the subject matter area. You will be a key contact for QST and ‘pockets of excellence’ in the audit practice in specific areas. Performing second reviews of high-risk engagements' queries and hot reviews, you’ll also support presenters at both internal and external events..
The minimum criteria
- You’ll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- In depth knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Excellent insight and analytical skills to interpret data and make technical- people and commercially- based decisions
- Previous experience of working in a technical role in professional services environment
- Communication skills – a strong ability to articulate technical concepts in a clear and understandable way.
- Team work/collaboration - Working closely alongside others with different skillsets and experience to develop the best solutions to complex questions
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint