Mortgage Underwriting Team Leader
|Job Title:||Mortgage Underwriting Team Leader|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Jordan|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2021 12:37|
Mortgage Underwriting Team Leader - Fleet Mortgages based in Hampshire, c£38,000 DOE
Your new company
Hays is delighted to be working exclusively with Fleet Mortgages based in Fleet, Hampshire to support them in sourcing for a new Mortgage Underwriting Team Leader due to the continued growth of the business. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the relevant experience to join this leading provider of Buy to Let (BTL) Mortgages. Fleet Mortgages offers an open, inclusive and collaborative culture where both the employee and their customers are very much at the heart of the business.
Your new role
You will be supporting the senior leadership team by providing the day-to-day management of the underwriting team, driving the delivery of targets and objectives, whist ensuring adherence to Fleet Mortgages and regulatory policies and procedures. You will be managing a team of between 5 and 10 underwriters, all with varying level of experience and expertise. You will also maintain your own caseload with a mandate of c£500,000 and act as an escalation point to your team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Oversee and act as a referral point for own team on more complex cases
* Plan, organise and control workload within the team to ensure achievement of service standards
* Motivate the team to maintain high morale, low absenteeism and turnover
* Coach and support team members and colleagues to help them achieve their objectives and to build a high quality team
* Monitor and manage team performance and discuss underlying trends with Pre Offer Management team
* Lead, coach and develop team to manage performance by conducting and document monthly performance reviews
* Monitor individuals performance and ensure quality audits are carried out and provide feedback and take appropriate action
* Be responsible for recruitment and selection of own team members based on headcount and required skill sets * Actively develop staff and ensure the required training and development is identified and prioritised to meet business needs
* As a line manager evaluate and challenge team performance and business practices against industry best practice
* Any other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out task as required by Management
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an accomplished mortgage underwriter with prior team management experience. The ability to engage, manage, mentor and coach a specialist underwriting team with varying levels of experience is key to success and developing this role. You will need to be someone who leads from the front and can drive a robust, commercial and customer approach to underwriting. Excellent planning and organisation skills with a demonstrated ability to engage at all levels of the business is highly desired, as would relevant qualifications such as CeMAP.
What you'll get in return
A salary of c£38,000 dependant on experience and a range of attractive company benefits. If this sounds like you or you know someone within your network that may be interested, we look forward to hearing from you. #3949819
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Financial Reporting Manager
£65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Senior Internal Auditor - Global employer
£48000 - £52000 per annum
China Indirect Tax and Customs professionals – all levels from partner to junior consultant