4 days ago
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established top 40 London practice within our tax team. The tax manager role is in our Leytonstone office, where over 75 employees and 12 partners are based.
We are looking for a tax manager to bolster our growing team. The tax team works with our audit and accounts teams and the firm’s general partners, as well as providing specialist tax consultancy services. The team currently comprises 15 team members, including five tax managers and two tax partners.
We pride ourselves on our investment in staff training and development all within a friendly but professional environment. The position will involve training and supervision of the tax seniors and juniors, as well as working closely with your fellow team managers to contribute to and be part of the success of the team in the long term. The firm as a whole is dedicated to the progression of its staff and there are opportunities for rapid promotion for outstanding people.
The successful candidate will have a strong base of experience in personal tax and/or corporate tax – a mixed tax background, or experience of mixed tax through study is ideal. We are looking for someone who has practical tax knowledge including a range of advisory experience, and can demonstrate experience of both manging a portfolio and delegating work.
We are looking for a candidate who is preferably CTA qualified, however candidates with ACA/ACCA qualification who have been working in tax long term, or candidates qualified by experience will be considered.
The role will have its own portfolio of clients and will be supported by tax seniors (who will have their own sub-portfolio) and tax juniors. Reporting will be directly to tax partners and general partners.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Review of corporation tax computations and LLP income tax computations prepared by the accounts/audit team for corporate clients in your portfolio.
- Preparation/review of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals.
- Preparation/review of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses.
- First point of contact for own portfolio of clients.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns.
- Working with the partners on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects (for example, restructuring/reorganisations, remuneration planning, incorporations, share buy-backs, R&D tax credits, EMI schemes, EIS and SEIS applications).
- Assisting the partners with research into other technical areas.
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio.
- Training and supervision of junior team members, including involvement in the appraisal process.
- Involvement in management of the team.
- Preparation of invoices for clients.
The candidate should have good IT skills including confidence with using Word and Excel. We work with Digita Personal Tax, Corporation Tax Advanced and Company Secretarial software.
Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, is vital as this is a role involving regular interaction with colleagues and clients.
Where is the role based?
Our offices are in a grade 2 listed building and are easily accessible from the Blackwall Tunnel, A12, A406, M25 and M11. Free parking is available.
Leytonstone Underground is a short walk away and we are on main bus routes.
A pool car is available for client meetings.
Barnes Roffe is an Equal Opportunities Employer