|Job Title:||Medical Accountant|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||November 29, 2019 15:07|
Medical accountant job with top 10 accountancy firm in Ipswich
Hays is looking to recruit a Medical Team Senior for a Top 10 firm in Ipswich.
The medical team is one of the several rapidly growing centres of excellence within this firm. You will be responsible for delivering a high standard of work, including business outsourcing, across various medical based financial services nationally across the firm. As part of the CMT you will be responsible for keeping to the designated deadlines and remaining up to date with medical technical knowledge. Support and on-the-job training will be provided to successful candidates in order to establish a good knowledge of the sector. Previous experience of the medical sector is not required for this position but is desirable.
- Weekly/Monthly review of the medical outsourcing. Involves weekly/monthly review of bookkeeping processing of GP data provided by the client. Review of aged payables and payment run based thereon.
- Review of VAT returns using the partial exemption method.
- Provide feedback and training to the outsourcing processing team.
- Review of monthly management accounts and budgets (for outsourcing clients) where applicable.
- Review of statutory medical accounts.
- Review of GPs expenses claims. Facilitate the prompt preparation and communication with the local teams.
- Supports the team with work requirements, ensuring tasks assigned are completed on time and by maintaining an awareness of budget
- Provide spot checks for our Xero clients, including analytical data for the local team contact to discuss.
- Completion of quality review and handover work plan
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA professional qualification
- Knowledge of VAT partial exemption desirable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel essential along with other Office software.
- Knowledge of accounting packages, including but not exclusive to; Xero, IRIS GP accounts and Sage.
- Caseware experience beneficial.
- Professional level of communication, both written and verbal
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision
- Role specific training, including medical sector knowledge will be provided on the job.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte with any questions.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's