Maternity cover Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Maternity cover Financial Controller|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum + excellent benefits incl. bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Taylor|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2021 08:15|
Working for a US owned dynamic manufacturing business in the Swansea area - a maternity cover Financial Controllership. As well as being site lead for accounting you will be working as part of the wider group Finance team and be responsible for the financial accounting and control environment of the business. Managing a team of 6 via 2 direct reports.
9 months initially - may be more like 12 months…starting ideally during April/May - responsible for all aspects of the financial accounting for the different entities including tax, treasury, internal and external audits, SOX compliance and other controllership/compliance activities. Responsibilities include:
- Finance representative on the Senior Management Team
- Oversee tax returns and all tax submissions
- Manage Statutory and Regulatory Compliance ensuring high levels of accuracy and maintaining adherence to the Financial Control Framework
- Drive financial and operational internal controls and process simplification
- Development of accounting systems and policies
- Define, analyse and interpret group Financial Management information in order to provide insightful analysis to senior management.
- Responsible for updating and improvement of accounting policies and accounting guidance and process.
- Expert on technical accounting issues - to provide guidance on accounting queries including revenue recognition and to prepare accounting position papers for the audit team.
- Partner finance and non-finance stakeholders delivering accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Manage the GL Close cycle working with Corp HQ to deliver accurate financial reporting each month, driving efficiencies for a faster close
- Responsible for all general ledger, accounting and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure correct import/export compliance
- Business partnering with the UK Commercial and Finance teams
- Support for all management reporting
- Support annual budget & quarterly forecast
Ideal skills & experience
- Strong accounting knowledge and experience
- Experience of completing statutory accounts and tax returns
- Ability to lead a project from start to finish with minimal assistance
- Will need to form their own opinion about the best way to undertake the projects and be able to influence others to ensure that the projects are completed on time and to a high standard
- International Experience desirable
- Experience in managing Finance Function
- Attention to detail
- Goal focused
- Able to work to strict deadlines in dynamic multi-entity environment
Start remotely/hybrid - all being well, working in the office at month end/quarter end and year end - and ongoing hybrid as we come out of Covid times. A fixed term contract with a competitive salary along with some good benefits to include 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, a bonus, a contributory pension, free parking and staff discounts.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maternity cover Financial Controller
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + excellent benefits incl. bonus
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£60000 - £70000 per annum