£70000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits
20 days ago
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Strategy & Activation, you will drive operational excellence across the marketing function, identifying key risks (including third-party risk), ensuring compliance, and supporting with governance.
Our client is a household name who support other non-profits as well as individuals. They are regulated by the Gambling Commission and are always thinking of new ways to put their customer first.
As an organisation they turnover more than £7 billion per year with a workforce of just over 1,000 people; this allows them to treat their employees with real care. They understand individual contributions and as a result, have won awards such as ranking 10th in the Top 100 Large Companies list at the 2021 Best Companies Awards and are deemed to be the number 1 Large Company in London. Our client is one of the UK's top e-commerce sites and operate four of the UK's biggest FMCG brands.
The team this newly-created role will be part of, is responsible for managing and enhancing the brand and all communications. They are responsible for shaping the consumer plan and deploying effective strategies across Media, Digital and Retail channels.
They hold integrity at their hearts and are always trying to do the right thing.
In regards to Diversity 7 Inclusion, our client is committed to being part of the change. All of their employees have undergone unconscious bias training and their Exec team have received external coaching on inclusive leadership. They have created Communities to enable you to connect with like-minded people and to offer extra support networks.
If you are looking for a company to challenge & support you in equal measure then this organisation is the one for you.
This newly-created role is a unique opportunity for a Manager to partner with Heads of Marketing and contribute to the lines of defence model by managing risk (including third-party risk), managing compliance and considering the financial and regulatory implications of marketing contracts & investments:
- Manage risk-assessment across Marketing, considering the macro-risk environment in line with ERM
- Raising awareness regarding changing risk status and regularly updating the Marketing Functional Risk Register
- Design and embed a Control & Self-Assessment framework for the Marketing Function in line with the Business Assurance Team's standards.
- Assess and manage the marketing teams compliance duties and ensure obligations are met via continuous engagement.
- Providing third party risk management in relation to the scope and deliverables of contracts, budget management, financial optimisation and ensuring appropriate governance.
- Partner with the Head of Marketing Strategy & Activation and other budget owners to generate budget forecasts, improve budget allocation and measure the effectiveness of marketing investment
- Assess investment initiatives and ensure good governance and financial suitability.
- Track record of building senior level relationships with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience in assessing and managing risk and compliance requirements and putting in place better controls and processes to manage these well
- Background in Risk Management/Compliance/Internal Audit/ Third-Party Risk/Investment Risk
- Background in a Program Management function may be useful but not essential
- Specific understanding of the nuances of Marketing and rationale for marketing initiatives
- Understanding of regulatory environments (ideally gambling commission) and third party risk management is key to support with regulatory requirements
- Understanding of how to managing budgets, forecasts and creating business cases
- Agency / Supplier Governance experience; appreciation of how to set up commercial agreements and governance frameworks with marketing suppliers
- Passion for operational integrity
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Based in Hertfordshire with a hybrid working model
- Retail and website discounts
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Season ticket loan
- Subsidised on-site restaurant and Costa coffee
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Private medical insurance
- 50% back on your gym membership
- Free digital GP and Health app
- Dental scheme
- Flu vaccination
- Eye care rebate
- Laptop provision
- Access to learning and development
- Long service awards
- 26 days holiday, increased with service
- Employee recognition
- 2 days volunteering annually
- Match funding
- Give as you earn