Manager, VAT & Duties
|Job Title:||Manager, VAT & Duties|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 17:01|
Overall purpose of role
To lead on ICAEW Tax Faculty’s role as the voice of tax in the areas of VAT, Customs Duties and related areas. To manage ICAEW’s engagement with members and policy makers on these topics and to generate and manage the provision of leading-edge services to members in these areas.
Main responsibilities of role
The main responsibilities of the role are to work with the Head of the Tax Faculty, the Senior Policy Adviser, Tax Faculty staff and the wider Technical Strategy department to achieve the following outcomes.
All of the above to be undertaken in consultation and liaison with Tax Faculty members, ICAEW members and wider stakeholders as needed.
Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with the business needs.
The post holder is likely to possess the following qualities:
ICAEW values – all staff are expected to work to these values
The 3 i’s – Initiative Insight and Integrity
The 3 i’s are the values that drive our attitude and approach to working at ICAEW, along with our ways of working being agile, collaborative and innovative.
- Actively collaborating to identify needs and look for innovative solutions.
- Bring together different groups and communities to work together.
- Empowering people to be agile, so they can take ownership and harness the collective efforts of ICAEW in a flexible and responsive way.
- Actively gathering insights to develop innovative and considered thought.
- Collaborating with our networks to voice different perspectives and insights internally and externally to stimulate discussion and debate.
- Being agile in finding new and timely ways to provide understanding and insight to our members, organisations and government.
- Acting with transparency, consistency and openness as Integrity underpins all activity we undertake.
- Standing by your principles to adhere to the highest professional standards even when facing adversity.
- Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's