6 days ago
Top 6 London accountancy firm
As a Manager you will be responsible for managing a small portfolio of clients and for the timely delivery of services. You will also support Directors and Partners with complex tax enquiries / investigations and voluntary disclosures to ensure a satisfactory settlement is negotiated between the client and H M Revenue & Customs. You will be expected to contribute toward marketing and business development initiatives and build sustainable internal and external client relationships.
- Manage the every day running of the investigation or disclosure for a portfolio of clients.
- Prepare investigation and disclosure reports, including all computational aspects of the report, for submission to the HMRC Specialist Investigations, working directly to a partner or director and delegating appropriate tasks to more junior staff. (Each job will normally require a report to be prepared and submitted to HMRC. This will include having the report agreed by the partner and client beforehand).
- Liaise directly with clients, contacts and other parties to ensure work is done and produced according to the desired timescales.
- Prepare agendas for all meeting with clients and/or H M Revenue & Customs and ensure that all points are followed up after the meeting.
- Prepare work plans and liaise with the partner/director to ensure that the report covers all areas included in the work plan.
- Take part in the negotiation of the settlement either directly or by providing the partner or director with an aide memoir in relation to the details of the case and the specific technical arguments that are likely to arise.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate the group's employees. This includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines, and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counsellees.
- Manage the billing and collection in respect of each client in their portfolio.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities and informs the partner and client as appropriate.
- Maintain a network of professional and business contacts.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified (or overseas equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Report writing and tax computational experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel is preferred.
- Experience of tax enquiries, investigations and voluntary disclosures is preferred but not essential.
- Previous management experience.