Manager- Financial Reporting
|Job Title:||Manager- Financial Reporting|
|Salary:||58000 - 77000 + 20 % annual bonus|
|Contact Name:||Claire Bourgeon|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2019 18:28|
Manager- Financial Reporting
- Great opportunity to work for a pioneering organization at the forefront of mining and metal processing.
- Join a global network and diverse team where people are encouraged to offer unique perspectives
- Role based in London, UK
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen in the Group Controllers department ('Controllers') and we are looking for a Manager – Financial Reporting.
The incumbent will deliver assigned accounting activities to ensure compliance with internal and external financial accounting requirements and regulations. The role also supports the accounting policy team from time to time on projects relating to the implementation of new accounting standards, in the researching, drafting amendments to policies and procedures, and project managing their implementation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Corporate Reporting, together with the team, this role will be a key contributor to the production of Group financial information included in external reports including the annual report, 20-F, interim results, 6-K, bond prospectuses, and shareholder circulars and delivery of Group wide training and development programmes relevant to critical areas of financial reporting. Your main tasks will include:
- Project planning for external reporting seasons and other corporate projects (e.g. bond issues and SEC registration updates); preparation of memos, documentation and checklists, timetable and financial statements information requests for half year and year end reporting.
- Production of consolidated financial information, including financial statements and similar deliverables. Key contact for the auditors and any questions they may have on positions taken (using judgement to challenge and escalate where necessary). Preparation of associated financial briefing information to management and investor relations.
- Review, analysis and challenge of financial information provided by reporting units and oversight of the integrity of the group consolidation.
- Monitor, and support the development of, the Group’s financial consolidation system and associated processes. Identification and implementation of opportunities for efficiency and business resilience improvement.
- Support users of the consolidation system at the Controllership hubs on practical user interface matters. Develop training materials for delivery across the Group in preparation for critical reporting periods. Coach other team members requiring guidance and familiarisation with reporting systems and practices.
- Identification of topics that cause difficulty to Controllership teams; prepare and communicate training material to improve understanding of these either via Webex or face to face interaction with the Controllership hubs.
- Support implementation of developments in accounting practices and IFRS, working with the Accounting Policy team.
- Respond to ad hoc queries and information requests from various stakeholders across the Group, for example Investor Relations, Company Secretarial, Group Legal, Tax, Sustainable Development, and Treasury.
- Administrative tasks including preparation of the team’s budget and monitoring actual monthly costs, analysis of audit fees, records management and compliance (including SoX program).
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Chartered Accountant qualification/accreditation (ACA or equivalent)
- Excellent IFRS technical knowledge, combined with experience of practical IFRS application / implementation in a complex consolidation environment.
- Experience of group corporate reporting
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent Business writing and communication skills required
- Ability to write financial documents / communiqués on technical subjects for both internal and external audiences, whether specialist or non-specialist
- A FTSE 100 clients/ industry experience; mining experience an advantage.
- Preferably “Big 4” accounting firm trained and qualified
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (‘HFM’) and Smartview for excel retrieve formula is desired
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications assumed. Some experience of financial modelling an advantage.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£34000.00 - £39000.00 per annum
£25.00 - £27.00 per hour