|Job Title:||Manager, Audit|
|Salary:||Competitive salary + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Bromwich|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2020 10:02|
We are Crowe - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our office, in the Centre of Reading, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
Purpose of the role:
As a qualified Accountant, Managers in our Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable
Behaviours & attributes:
Organised, qualified ACA/ACCA, experience of a wide range of businesses, approachable, mentoring skills, team ethos
Working with clients
Companies and Groups up to £100m revenue including international businesses and listed companies
You will develop a practical awareness of the clients’ operations and will make sure that the day-to-day delivery of the work runs smoothly and will escalate any issues, if needs be.
Client care & adding value
You ensure all client requests are dealt with promptly and that any issues are raised quickly and dealt with efficiently and effectively. You take ownership to resolve problems quickly in a proactive and friendly manner.
Engaging with the big picture
Demonstrate our core values in everything you do - attention to quality, professionalism, integrity, approachability and relationships. Seek opportunities to grow and develop your own networks with colleagues in other teams as well as seeking an understanding of the bigger picture beyond your own team or area of responsibility.
Working with people:
Motivating & developing people
Coach those you are supervising towards maximum contribution and job satisfaction. Act as a mentor to less experienced members of the team. Support their "on the job" learning through actively encouraging involvement and discussion on tasks, challenges and decision making, where appropriate.
Leading & Managing people
Getting the best from others through effective communication, engaging with the team, leading by example and demonstrating a confident, "can do' attitude.
Communicating with impact
You are able to adjust your behaviour, style, approach and means of communication towards another person to gain their commitment or agreement to a course of action. Present a clear argument, avoiding excessive use of jargon.
Delivering as a Team
You will work with and lead others to achieve a common goals, motivating others, resolving any disputes and adapting your communication style to meet the needs of the group and situation.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.