Chichester, West Sussex
£35000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + progression to partner!
21 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Audit and Accounts Manager job Top 10 Firm Chichester Portsmouth Hampshire Progression to Partner
Your new company
I am currently working on an exciting opportunity with one of my clients, a Top 10 Firm, which has an opportunity for you to join their firm as a manager with scope for progression through to Partner over the next 5 years. This represents an excellent opportunity if you feel that you are at a dead end in your current role, feel that promotion is always one step too far ahead, or if your current firm overlooks you and hires externally.
Your new role
As an Audit and Accounts manager you will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- Managing small teams on audit, ensuring tasks are completed to the firm's policies and procedures
- Review and completion of the audit file
- Mentoring juniors on site
- Review of statutory accounts as they are produced, making amendments as necessary
- Highlighting amendments to juniors as part of their on-going training
- Budgeting for client work, including time scales and costs and delivering as appropriate
- Leading client meetings as necessary
- On going training and performance reviews for those on the team
- Pick up ad-hoc tasks from Partners
- The role will be 50% audit if you wish to progress to Partner
- Clients are across all sectors and industries with a turnover up to £200mln. This includes independent reviews for charities and academies
- Limited travel
- Limited overtime
- Flexi-time as long as core hours are covered
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/ICAS or equivalent, with good experience in both audit and accounts from a Top 100 Firm, looking to further your career. You will be comfortable in mentoring and leading juniors in audit, have excellent communication skills to liaise with clients, be hands on as necessary to ensure client work is completed. Knowledge of CCH is an advantage but not a deal breaker.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary package dependent on your experience. An ambitious manager has the opportunity to reach Partner within 5 years which will allow into their profit share scheme. Flexi-time is available to suit your lifestyle and create work-life balance, core hours of 10-4 must be covered, 3pm finish on Fridays! There is parking available as part of salary sacrifice scheme. Ongoing training and soft skills courses will be provided in order for you to reach your goals which will be reviewed quarterly to ensure you are on the right track.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.