|Salary:||£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 11:20|
Portfolio Manager job in Norwich with award winning firm. £45-50k plus benefits.
Hays are recruiting a Manager for an award-winning Accountancy Practice in Norwich. The role will be managing a mixed and demanding portfolio of clients within the firm's Business team as well as managing and leading a growing team.
Excellent opportunity for someone wanting to move away from Audit, but remain within Practice.
- To display a commercial approach to client servicing and to demonstrate maturity in judgement.
- To actively grow client portfolio making the most of business development opportunities when they arise
- To produce complete client files to consistently good standard.
- To competently manage all routine tax compliance matters occurring within client assignments.
- To be able to raise high quality business correspondence, including technically demanding reports.
- To take responsibility for portfolio WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate Partners and Directors.
- To display strong and proactive awareness of current legislation and changes, relating them where appropriate to client assignments.
- To be able to identify opportunities to add value to clients.
- To be able to delegate work effectively where appropriate.
- To assist in staff development appraisal meetings and mentoring
- To display a strong team ethic working alongside other managers sharing resources
- ACA/ACCA qualified - ideally with 5 years PQE
- Up to date working knowledge of VAT, including MTD
- Staff management experience
- Experience of using Sage Line 50, Xero and Quickbooks Online essential.
- Strong excel skills, including creation of financial models or forecasts.
Training & Development:
- Potential secondment opportunities
- CPD programme for part/fully qualified candidates including compliance and broader technical skills training
- Performance reviews every six months
- Excellent salary
- Smart Working
- A relaxed and professional environment
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- Volunteering programme.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 25 days Holiday (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Private medical insurance
- Car and fuel allowance via salary sacrifice
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Retail Discounts as part of UK 200 Group
- Cycle to work scheme
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details.