£30,955 - 44,558 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
24 days ago
Please note that the salary range for qualified candidates will be £36,377-£44,558, plus £5,000 accountancy allowance.
The salary range for part-qualified candidates will be £30,955-£38,811, plus £2,000 accountancy allowance.
Building Digital UK (BDUK) is the Directorate within DCMS responsible for programmes delivering superfast and full fibre networks across the UK and is made up of a number of key programmes including: The £1.7bn Superfast Broadband Programme, The £5bn Gigabit Programme, The Local Full Fibre Networks Programme, Rural Gigabit Connectivity Programme and Shared Rural Network.
BDUK is using delivery experience and insight from its programmes to help develop the Government’s ambition to support gigabit-capable broadband to the hardest-to-reach areas of the UK as soon as possible, with a £5bn infrastructure programme.
This is an exciting opportunity for the Management Accountant to play a lead role in shaping the Government’s major programme agenda, placing finance at the heart of decision-making within the future of digital infrastructure delivery. You will support the delivery of regular, standard reports to stakeholders according to agreed timetables, leading on variance and other data analysis, supporting continuous improvement of products and processes and supporting budget holders, in partnership with the Programme Finance Leads, in interpreting their financial performance.
The responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include;
- Understand the funding strategy for the directorate and support commissioning and timetabling activities for planning and budgeting, maintaining the budget tracking system, ensuring that individual budgets are accurately profiled, documented and uploaded to agreed timetables, and communicating forecasting and budgeting information clearly to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Programme Finance Leads as required, including facilitation of month end reporting, including monthly journal preparation and processing. This may include working closely with the Transactions Hub team.
- Lead on the annual reporting of State Aid and Local Body returns.
- Support the delivery of regular, standard reports to stakeholders according to agreed timetables, leading on variance and other data analysis
- Support budget holders, in partnership with the Programme Finance Leads, in interpreting their financial performance (including the analysis of and implications inherent in contracts), and identifying, monitoring and managing risks and opportunities
Key Skills & Experience;
- Part/fully qualified accountant (CCAB or CIMA); or willing to work towards full qualification
- Relevant management accounting experience including journals and accruals, forecasting and variance analysis
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with ministers and influence and negotiate on behalf of DCMS in a range of situations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay financial information effectively to non-financial colleagues
- Advanced Excel / Google sheets experience
- Great attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of government accounting and budgeting rules (desirable)
For more information on the Management Accountant posts, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.