City of London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits
27 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Newly qualified Management Accountant for a media business based in Soho £45-50k, industry trained.
Your new company
An Arts service business based in Soho is hiring a newly qualified Management Accountant. The brands works with leading companies across publishing, print-making, digital, film and art research and is currently hiring a newly qualified Management Accountant to join their fast growing finance function.
Your new role
As a newly qualified Management Accountant, this role will be reporting to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the largest UK company under the brand label, along with the consolidation of the group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for the monthly management accounting process for from start to finish
- Preparing the management accounts, analysing variances against budget/prior year, and writing the first draft financial commentary for the Board.
- Maintaining the stock module within Sage 200 and ensuring stock values are calculated correctly.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns via Sage 200.
- Preparing the annual budget and regular reforecasts.
- Updating the weekly cash flow forecast and ensuring sufficient cash is held to fund group companies as and when required.
- Being a contact point for the year end audit.
- Regularly reviewing processes and controls to identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Newly qualified industry trained
- Interested in working in the creative sector
What you'll get in return
This is a great role for a newly qualified industry trained Accountant who is looking to own the management accounts process and be a senior member within the finance team. The role reports into an impressive FC who has lots of experience in the creative sector and is someone who you can really learn from. This role will suit a forward thinking, creative Accountant who enjoys working in a sociable environment but appreciates the detail behind the numbers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Nicolette now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.