Management Accountant (Maternity Cover)
|Job Title:||Management Accountant (Maternity Cover)|
|Salary:||Competitive salary and excellent benefits.|
|Contact Name:||Paola Osorio-Rojas|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 12:14|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We are looking for a Management Accountant (Maternity Cover) to join the growing Audit and Accounts team in our Borehamwood office. This is a busy and varied role and would suit a Qualified or Part-Qualified individual. As part of your role, you will liaise with various departments, to ensure that regulatory requirements involving preparation of statutory accounts are met, advising our client on their obligations and maintaining an accurate file system. You’ll also support, train and assist junior team members to maximise their performance.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts, providing analysis and designated reports
- Bookkeeping and VAT reporting to a high standard
- Cashflow reporting and forecasts
- Month/Quarter end adjustments and reconciliations
- Providing support to junior members of staff, including training where required
- Work as part of a team and when required to:
- Prepare ad hoc reports for clients
- Perform payment runs
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
Ideally you will already be working in a role of a Management Accountant or Assistant Management Accountant. You’ll have intermediate to advanced experience within a professional accountancy practice, combined with excellent organisational and time management skills, problem solving approach and outstanding attention to detail. You will also have/be:
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified or Part Qualified (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working in a Professional Services firm
- Intermediate experience of bookkeeping, producing monthly management accounts, specifically including preparing prepayments, accruals, depreciation, accrued income and deferred income
- Knowledge on cash flow reports and forecasts (desirable)
- Experience of dealing with a varied and demanding client base including telephone, email and face to face communication
- Strong knowledge of Xero, Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel
- Up to date knowledge of accounting and taxation practices and current developments
- Ability to work autonomously
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's