|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Greer|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 16:55|
This Management Accountant position is newly created due to the business experiencing a phenomenal period of growth over the past 3 years.
Driven by an impressive entrepreneur, this is an exciting time to join of one Preston's fastest growing businesses, operating within a niche manufacturing sector.
We are keen to engage with confident, commercial accountants with experience of working within similar industry sectors, looking to add value and drive performance.
Our Preston based client offer a genuinely exciting career opportunity to a qualified accountant with exposure to working within an FMCG environment, looking to take on a senior role within a fast growth business.
After a period of accelerated growth, the business is keen to welcome an operationally focused accountant to help the business continue to thrive.
Operating within the manufacturing sector, this business is in one of the most competitive and successful parts of the UK's industrial economy.
With a vibrant, buzzing culture and a growing team, this business welcomes lively, out going individuals who are keen to be part of one of Preston's success stories.
The key responsibilities for this Preston based Management Accountant role will be:
- Costing of all new products to support commercial team
- Analysing and interpreting margins at customer and product level
- Reporting and interpreting labour usage and other operational efficiency measures including material usage and waste management
- Preparing and maintaining key business performance indicators including inventory value, stock ageing and sales KPIs
- Providing finance support and relevant input for the commercial / sales teams
- Weekly and monthly reporting of sales and gross profit
- Driving system improvements and streamlining processes
- Assisting in budget preparation and variance analysis
- Preparation of Capex appraisals for authorisation by the board
- Support / lead stock counting / stock monitoring in collaboration with operational staff
- Provide a link between all departments in terms of information and reporting
- Complete ad hoc projects as and when required
The successful candidate for this Management Accountant role based in Preston will be:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant - or qualified by experience with extensive experience in an operational accountant role in a manufacturing environment
- An accountant with experience of working within in the FMCG / logistics field - used to working with tangible products
- A natural people person, able to build great relationships with the owner of the business, Finance Director as well as operations and sales staff
- An inquisitive, business minded accountant able to challenge the norm and analyse costs
- Used to dealing with stock, bill of materials and costing issues
- Able to demonstrate great stakeholder management skills
- Able to work autonomously at times and show initiative
- Looking to enter a close knit business and show a passion for the product
- Able to work at pace in an evolving business and industry
Our Preston based SME client can offer a competitive salary and benefits package - please enquire for details!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£34000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
£150.00 - £180.00 per day
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + excellent benefits package
£13.06 - £22.14 per hour