|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Taylor|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 17:10|
The Management Accountant is responsible for ensuring that financial records are complete and accurate, and the monthly management accounts are prepared in a timely and precise manner. Liaise with customers, suppliers and key personnel to ensure any issues are resolved and that financial information is recorded and communicated, in order to facilitate the company's financial reporting requirements.
Our client is a market leading fast growth technology services organisation near Newport/Cardiff.
The Management Accountant's key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and month end G/L trial balance for FM/CFO review.
- Assist with preparation of the Board report and any other ad - hoc reporting.
- Preparation of Management Information and Analysis, showing plan vs actual spend sent out to the relevant parties. Assist with budget queries.
- Manage Sales, WIP, Invoicing, Credit Control and Revenue recognition and maintain completeness and integrity of contract manager data. Prepare customer invoices in line with contracted terms. Actively chase debtors to ensure cash collected within payment terms.
- Supply Chain Management - Procurement, Purchases and Accounts Payable. Managing the Finance Assistant to ensure the purchase ledger is up to date and invoices are ready for payment in a timely manner
- Quarterly supplier reviews and maintenance of the approved supplier list. Ensuring new supplier forms are reviewed and approved in a timely manner
- Processing employee expense claims in line with policies and processing of company credit card statements
- Maintenance of the general ledger, including posting of journals. Resolution of any issues to ensure records remain accurate
- Management and processing of prepayments and accruals. Regular review of open POs and existing accruals with Ops team
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Registers and depreciation
- Daily Cash Book entries
- Assist with cash management and production of a monthly cashflow forecast
- Preparation of the monthly VAT return for review
- Training and supervision of Finance Assistant
- Assistance with annual audit and any compliance audits
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Security & Environmental requirements and ISO accreditation
The successful candidate would ideally have the relevant skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant
- IT skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Sage 200 would be a bonus
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and legislation
The Management Accountant is a pivotal role within the team. Being able to manage your own workload with a can-do attitude is essential. This is primarily a customer facing role and you are required at all times to present a professional and helpful attitude.
The full time permanent position offers a competitive salary with:
- 25 days annual leave + bank
- 7% employer pension contribution (with minimum 1% employee)
- 4 x Life assurance
- Free parking
- Private Healthcare (after 6 months of service).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£35000 - £42000 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + benefits
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum