|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2021 09:56|
Practice Management Accountant job with leading, national firm based in Peterborough. Study support offered
Hays are recruiting a Practice Management Accountant for their client, a national Chartered Accountancy firm in Peterborough.
Your role will be to provide clients with accounting and related services, including bookkeeping, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other adhoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
- Assist with weekly and monthly work for clients within set deadlines
- Attend clients' premises to conduct bookkeeping and management accounts work
- Assist and train clients with accounting systems including Sage, SageCloud, Xero, Quickbooks, Receiptbank and Autoentry
- Set up accounting systems to include opening balances, chart of accounts, customers, suppliers and general settings (e.g. year end, VAT information)
- Be first port of call for software support queries from clients
- Provide trainees with on the job training and delegate work to support their development
- Bookkeeping, including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries and producing reports
- Prepare management accounts and reports specific to clients' needs
- Prepare VAT returns notify portfolio holders of any matters for attention
- Provide constructive accounting advice to clients
- Quarterly cloud review of client's accounts and bookkeeping
- Liaise with tax, payroll and accounts teams regarding clients
- Prepare year end accounts files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items. Dealing with matters arising from the auditors.
- Proactively participate in two-way communication regarding bookkeeping and VAT return progress and any issues with client and portfolio holder
- At least AAT Level 4 qualified or qualified by experience
- Previous accountancy practice experience
Salary and benefits
- A dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Competitive salary
- Extensive internal and on-the-job training.
- Paid study together with generous study leave
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- 20 days annual leave (increasing with service) in addition to statutory bank holidays.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Eligibility for the firm's annual bonus scheme.
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details or to apply
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's