|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Luke Grant-Maw|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2021 14:39|
Management Accountant for a FTSE 100 organisation. The role is responsible for the Head office accounting.
Your new company
A fantastic Management Accountant Opportunity for a Qualified Accountant working for a FTSE 100 organisations. Growing through acquisitions, the business is ever evolving and aspiring to improve the way they operate. This has led to exciting projects including a system implementation.
Your new role
As a Management Accountant your core responsibility within this role is the monthly bookkeeping for and delivery of the Head Office (HO) Management Accounts under FRS 101. You will report to the Group Financial Controller and have responsibility for a team of 1, being a part-qualified Assistant Management Accountant. What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the day to day bookkeeping for the HO companies.
- Responsible for the monthly close, including posting monthly journals, preparing TBs and reporting packages, completion of balance sheet reconciliations and other analysis.
- Liaising with the treasury team with regards to accounting for treasury transactions.
- Supervision of the Assistant Management Accountant who operates the day to day processing of the account payable ledger and sales ledger for intercompany recharges to group companies.
- Performing an initial review of monthly management accounts and supporting the Group Financial Controller in their monthly review
- Preparation of the half yearly HO companies' statutory group reporting package.
- Ensuring appropriate controls over the HO finance systems and processes and developing and maintaining process notes.
- Delivering the year end audit process for the HO companies.
- Leading projects aimed at streamlining the HO finance processes, including the implementation of a new HO ERP and Purchase to Pay system and liaising with the Treasury team with regards the accounting side of the Treasury Management System implementation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Management accounts experience
- Experience implementing an ERP system
- Accounts Payable experience, including experience with a P2P system
- Sales Ledger experience
- Experience of global, multi-currency groups
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills with the ability to develop relationships across the Group
- Keen to develop and support team members
- Strong Excel skills
- Fluent in English
Desirable Systems: Sage 200, Caseware, Concur, Microsoft Dynamics
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Accountant (SOX compliance)
£42000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Financial Reporting Manager
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Financial Accounting Manager
£50000 - £60000 per annum