21 days ago
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our Business Services team and provide quality accounting services to clients within the finance sector.
The team are dedicated to providing the full complement of outsourced services, covering accounting and other administrative functions such as management accounting, VAT and regulatory reporting for clients.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Carrying out accounting work for a wide range of profit making organisations including planning, executing, completing and producing client-ready product independently.
- Preparing management accounts and statutory financial reports, including consolidated accounts, from manual and computerised accounting records.
- Preparing and reviewing VAT Returns, including an understanding of partial exemption rules.
- Briefing, supervising and reviewing the work of junior members of the team, providing constructive feedback and support as necessary, including being involved in development of junior staff.
- Providing general accounting services and assistance to clients in the preparation of accounts and VAT returns.
You are the right person for the role if you:
- Are ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- Have excellent communication skills and client facing experience
- Have experience of preparing statutory and management accounts and VAT returns
- Have knowledge of UK GAAP, specifically an understanding of FRS102
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your career with this dynamic sector, working with clients including private equity, hedge funds, wealth managers and other FCA regulated businesses. The role offers excellent scope for development, with quick progression to have your own portfolio and provide mentorship to junior team members.
For more information about the Business Services team, please click here.
To find out more about life at Buzzacott and our approach to Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website.
We are open to flexi-time and support flexible working opportunities to help you manage your work-life balance.
If you are interested in this role, we encourage you to apply directly via the Apply button at the top of the page. When applying, please include your salary expectations and let us know what interests you about the role. Alternatively, if you would like to talk to one of our Talent Team about the vacancy before applying, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Our Talent Team review and respond to all applications.
At Buzzacott, over 450 people work together under one roof at our office in St Paul's, London, making us the largest single office accountancy firm in the UK. We are also part of PrimeGlobal, an award-winning association of independent accounting firms.
Trust underpins the culture of Buzzacott, together with specialist expertise, approachability and exceptional client service. Trust is more than providing the best expertise. It’s about character and integrity. The people you trust have values that match your own. Because of this, cultural fit is an important consideration when choosing people to join our team.
We’re big enough to display deep knowledge over a range of specialisms, but small enough to understand the power of personal connections. We long ago moved from being accountants to being advisers and are now partners to our clients. In fact, we believe that what we do is as much about relationships as expertise, so we’re looking for individuals who are prepared to look beyond the numbers, to see the people and stories behind them.
The importance of relationships is equally important between colleagues. We expect our teams to collaborate with each other to successfully operate across departments. It means externally we support the whole of the client rather than a fragment and internally we all benefit from shared experience and knowledge.