|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2021 16:52|
A permanent Management Accountant job for a growing business based in the Worcester area.
Your new company
Hays have been engaged exclusively by an acquisitive Group who are recognised on a national scale to recruit a Management Accountant for their local office in Worcester.
Your new role
In this newly created position within a small team, you will support the Finance Director across a number of key areas and really get stuck in to the day-to-day running of the finance function.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with the completion of the monthly management accounts pack with appropriate variance analysis and commentary
- Providing accurate month-end information; and support in weekly, monthly and ad hoc group reports
- Monthly analysis and reconciliation of control accounts and balance sheet reconciliations including intercompany
- General ledger journals including accruals and prepayments
- Supporting the production of management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Completing VAT submissions
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual audit file and requests during the audit
- Providing monthly suggested payment listing for authorisation
- Continually monitoring aged debtors and preparing reports and commentary as required
- Monitoring and chasing expiring rebate reports and periodic claims
What you'll need to succeed
- Newly qualified Accountant or part-qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) actively studying towards qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Background in producing high-quality accounts/information to Board level
- Possess a high drive and determination to progress/develop your career
- Keen eye for detail with a focus on continuous improvement and the ability to identify alternative, improved ways of doing things
- Able to work well under own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Netsuite highly advantageous) and strong Excel skills
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to join a reputable company with proven success in their field alongside excellent learning and development opportunities. In addition, you'll benefit from study support, 23 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), life assurance, pension and flexible working arrangements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial Management Accountant
Property Management Client Accountant
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£200.00 - £225.00 per day