Kingston upon Thames, London
£42000 - £43000 per annum
16 days ago
Management Accountant vacancy within the Education Sector
Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Accountant required
Due to a promotion, a leading Surrey based school with an impressive track record is seeking to recruit a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
Preparing journal entries, reports and analysis in support of the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
* Input of the purchase ledger and monitoring of the ledgers for accuracy, and review and sign off of monthly reconciliations
* Preparation of monthly management accounts for submission to the Bursar, Head and relevant Governor Committees.
* Updating and monitoring of capital expenditure, depreciation and the fixed asset register.
* To investigate any material variances against budget and to identify any areas of financial concern and consider any remedial action required
* Auditing financial information and preparing for year-end audit
* Management of the School's accounting system, including the year-end roll forwards and close downs once the audits have been signed off
* Preparation of the management accounts for School's subsidiary
* Lead in the preparation of the Annual Accounts, working closely with both the Bursar and the auditors as necessary
Support the Bursar in the preparation of annual budgets by reviewing activities and analysing income and expenditure, and forecasts
* Provide the Bursar with information on expenditure against budget and budget holders where appropriate
* Recommend methods and strategies for the School to cut costs
* Preparation of cash flow forecasting and monitor actual flows against forecast
* To undertake benchmarking and other comparative analysis
Investigate and identify improvements to the functionality and reporting of finance IT systems
* Streamline and work towards a paperless systems
* Integration with other IT systems used across the School
* Keep up to date with any changes in regulations and company, charity and tax legislation
* Support with inspections from Accrediting Bodies and HMRC
* Attendance and support at key School events, when required, such as Open Mornings and Graduation
* Any other duties as required by the Bursar or Head commensurate with the post
Previously worked within the Education Sector
A good understanding of Management Accounts & working within an accounts department undertaking a similar job
25 days holiday
Very friendly team