£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
A permanent Management Accountant job paying up to £35k for a leading organisation based in Bromsgrove.
£30,000-35,000 per annum (DOE)
Mon-Fri (full-time - shift patterns available) - 3 to 4 days WFH initially
Your new company
Hays have been engaged exclusively by a reputable organisation based in Bromsgrove to support with the recruitment of a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
The business have experienced tremendous growth over the last 5 years, both organically and through acquisition, and are now a leader within their field. This role will be covering a period of maternity leave initially before developing into a broader finance position once the incumbent has returned.
Your new role
Working closely with the current Group Management Accountant and Assistant Financial Controller, you will be responsible for your own legal entities within the Group which includes the day-to-day maintenance of the general ledger system and the production of monthly management accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts within agreed timeframes
- Produce P&L accounts and balance sheets in monthly management accounts format complete with variance analysis and commentaries
- Production of annual statutory accounts in management accounts format
- Weekly/monthly banking and review of cash flow
- Calculation, presentation and payment of quarterly VAT submission
- Monthly production of payment runs
- Management of capital expenditure
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting
- Provide management reporting for decision-making
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are kept updated
- Continuous review and improvement of accounting practices and processes
What you'll need to succeed
- Newly qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - if part-qualified, you must currently be an active studier
- Strong background in a similar management accounting role with a good understanding of core finance
- Experience of working with multiple entities in a Group environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Proficiency with MS Office, Access and other accountancy packages
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to broaden your experience in a growing organisation that provides excellent scope for learning and development. Alongside this, an attractive benefits package is on offer which includes 22 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension scheme, health cover, study support, gym discounts, compressed working hours, free onsite parking and many more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.