|Job Title:||Management Accountant|
|Salary:||35000 - 40000|
|Reference:||BRS MA 2020|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2020 17:57|
These are exciting times for Bristol Airport and in an ever-evolving industry, we’re growing fast; and now is a great time to join the Airport at a time of major expansion. We’re the eighth busiest airport in the UK - and the fourth largest outside London; we are passionate about doing what’s right, considering the impact of our actions and decisions on all invested parties. That’s why we are leading the way on carbon emissions and are the first airport in Europe to offset all passenger journeys to and from the Airport by road. We invest heavily in our facilities and our people, striving to deliver a great customer experience, a rewarding employee culture and a highly successful commercial offer.
As part of our business change agenda in the Airport as a whole, we are implementing a new Finance System to transform the way we do things. The project is more than just putting in new systems it is about changing the way the Finance team supports the rest of the business through business partnering. The Management Accountant will be actively involved in the project providing input to the Purchase Ledger & Capex processes which are fundamental to the business.
We are also reviewing the cost base to better understand what the key cost drivers are across the business. This will be a critical workstream going forward as the business looks to tighten cost control, with the Management Accountant playing a key role in supporting the business to manage its costs better.
What will the role entail?
- Manage, control, analyse & report on operating and capital expenditure
- Act as a key business partner to project and departmental managers across the business, facilitating their understanding of financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting exercises across the business for operating and capital expenditure
- Manage and control the Balance Sheet, including production of monthly reconciliations
- Assist with the management and administration of the company insurance policies, including annual reviews of cover and cost
- Produce the monthly company and consolidated management accounts
- Lead a team of two - Purchase Ledger Administrator and Accounting Technician – ensuring a high standard of performance is achieved
- Identify opportunities to deliver cost efficiencies for the business and collaborate with budget holders to implement
- Build strong, professional relationships with both internal and external customers, supporting key business decisions by analysing and presenting key financial data
What do we need?
- Professional Accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or QBE equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of month and year end reporting including analysis and commentary
- Good communication skills with the ability to present data and analysis clearly to non-financial audiences
- Strong IT skills (Excel to Advanced level), with the ability to analyse large sets of data
- Highly developed business partnering skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- A confident people manager able to guide and influence to ensure good performance
- It’s desirable that you have experience of implementing new systems and project management skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000 - £65000 per annum
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Head of Business Planning- Transport
£70000 - £100000 per annum
£70000 - £90000 per annum