M&A: convert to Competition/Monitoring Trustee Forensics
|Job Title:||M&A: convert to Competition/Monitoring Trustee Forensics|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||bonus & bens|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2020 12:48|
Bring your M&A skills into Competition Forensics - a global role.
Your new company
Our client is a large UK full-service firm and part of a flourishing international network. Their Corporate Advisory teams have been a magnet for staff from Big 4/Grade A firms, including Partner level, across all disciplines. Part of this success story has been the Competition and Monitoring Trustee team who have been taking increasing market share, working globally with a wide range of competition authorities, and are now ready to create a new role at Manager level, for a qualified accountant with M&A experience.
Your new role
Competition authorities such as the European Commission and the Competition & Markets Authority sometimes rule that a monitoring trustee needs to be appointed to ensure that a business complies with its obligations. This could be for example part of a merger clearance, or a market investigation. These competition cases are often in the news (a recent obvious one being the CMA-blocked merger between Sainsburys and Asda) and when a Monitoring Trustee is appointed the involvement with the corporate can last several years.
Your knowledge of the M&A process is what you'd bring to this role. Matters include Competition, AntiTrust and Monitoring Trustee
The team already has people from a number of backgrounds including regulatory, legal and economics, so you would be bringing your accountancy/financial perspective to bear.
Here are some advantages of taking this career route:
- In Lead Advisory you essentially have to wait for the transaction, and there is a comparatively low success rate of pitch to instruction. Here the transactions come to you - the team are appointed on reputation.
- This is almost as close as you can get to "economy-proof." Divestments and M&A on the scale that attracts the attention of the competition authorities are happening all the time, whatever the economic weather, and with the added critical advantage here that the team are appointed all over the world. They are anything but just dependent on UK business.
- The relationships you form last longer - once appointed you'll be closely involved with the corporates, and often at C-suite level, for several years
- You work across an enviable range of different industries
- Travel is involved, typically a couple of days in a calendar month. You could be in Silicon Valley one month, Singapore the next, and so on.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant from Practice (you are likely to have had an audit background before switching to M&A
- Current professional services Lead Advisory/ M&A experience to at least Assistant Manager level
- The analytical skills required for Monitoring Trustee assignments
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Client and project management skills
- Happy to travel intermittently, usually a couple of days each month
Of course if you are a qualified accountant working in a Competition Regulator , but are interested in changing to consultancy, our client would be very interested in engaging as well.
What you'll get in return
- A fascinating role that knows no global borders
- Joining a market leader in this space
- Working in a specialist team, part of the wider Forensic team who are very well-regarded in the market
- The advantages already mentioned in "your new role"
- A healthy bonus scheme
- A genuinely meritocratic promotion path
- A team which continues to grow and take further market share
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Manager - Technology, Media & Telecoms (happy to talk flexible working)
Competitive + benefits
Audit Manager - Not For Profit
0 - 0
Audit Manager - Not For Profit
0 - 0
Audit Assistant Manager (Insurance)
Competitve + Benefits
Audit & Accounts Manager
45000 - 52000