Local Government and NHS Audit Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
|Job Title:||Local Government and NHS Audit Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)|
|Salary:||£Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kendall|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2020 18:15|
We are the largest external auditor of local government and the NHS in the country. Our market position ensures that we are best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the public services. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of audit, governance, and financial assurance it takes to provide effective public services. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock service improvement. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help public organisations, communities and our people to flourish.
With the changes in the NAO Code for local audit from 2020/21 we are looking to grow our market leading team across the country. We are looking for people like ourselves who are passionate about public services. If you want to work with a specialist, dedicated team, join us to make a meaningful difference.
Here are some things you can expect from this public sector audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients, public services, and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Make a difference. You will be responsible for delivering Value for Money work at your clients. You will be working with Chief Executives and Directors of Finance and will be providing assurance on the service, finance and governance issues that impact the services provided to the public
- Own your own work. You will: oversee public sector audit teams; be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Be a part of a team. You will be a part of a dynamic public sector audit team, with specific responsibility for a group of employees to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients and will always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as financial reporting or quality lead, pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of your people manager.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA (or CIPFA) with post qualified experience
- Experience of managing a large portfolio of audit clients
- Experience of managing audits of public sector bodies in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, Government Accounting Manual, Cipfa Code
- Experience of financial sustainability and governance assurance would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Principal (equivalent to Assistant Manager in most audit firms)
£52,629 -£63,868 per annum
Audit Principal (equivalent to Assistant Manager grade in most audit firms)
Newcastle upon Tyne
£42,660- £57,929 per annum
Audit Manager & Lead Auditor
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£35475 - £42831 per annum + Pension, Healthcare
£41,000 - 50,425 per year + 15% market salary supplement
£500.00 - £600.00 per day