Legal Finance & Operations Director
|Job Title:||Legal Finance & Operations Director|
|Salary:||£95000.00 - £120000.00 per annum + leading benefits package|
|Start Date:||Negotiable dependant on notice|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2019 17:22|
Finance & Operations Director - South Yorkshire c.£100,000 + negotiable package
Your new company
I am delighted to be working on an exclusive, retained partnership with a leading Legal firm based in South Yorkshire, operating across South Yorkshire & Derbyshire. My client provides professional legal services to both private and business clients and has a market leading reputation in the area.
This organisation boats an impressive client retention rate due to their continual high level of professional advice, which has allowed them to invest to a high level internally in both staff CPD and operational capabilities.
Your new role
Within your capacity on the Management Board, you will provide leadership in both business and financial management to ensure the Firm and the Finance team is effective and supports the business units of the firm to achieve their business plans.
You will ensure the firm's resources and financial assets are safeguarded and deliver leadership in financial management, providing input and support to the partnership's strategic planning and business performance.
As an effective leader, you will be able to converse comfortably with all levels of the business and its clients in order to understand requirements and articulate these in a clear strategy.
- Work with the Management Board on strategic plans, development of the annual business plan and financial budgets
- Business and financial strategy and planning, forecasting, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes and personnel involved.
- Build relationships with key people across the firm to ensure the Finance and Business Support teams are in tune with the business and provides high levels of service.
- Plan and develop strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance as part of the management team.
You will provide support to a senior member existing member of the finance function, including:
- Support the Finance Manager with the daily Management of the firm's cash flow, monitoring of projected cash flows to ensure performance targets are achieved and prevention of abnormal challenges.
- Support the Finance Manager with the provision of timely monthly management accounts, report on financial performance and review forecast of annual performance.
- Propose, agree and monitor financial performance measures across the business and provide support to ensure performance targets are met.
- Support the Finance Manager with Identifying any areas of concern about the financial management processes.
- Support the Finance Manager with the provision of annual financial information for individual partner performance as part of the partner remuneration process.
- Support the Finance Manager with the preparation of annual statutory accounts and other financial regulatory reporting for SAR and Companies House.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with a strong background in operational elements of leading a business.
- Good working knowledge of professional services firms
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment. A flexible and adaptable team player who supports, promotes, develops and motivates others.
- Understand complex business concepts and be able to identify key issues. Develop recommendations based on sound, well balanced analysis. Link ideas and proposed solutions back to business objectives.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent technical, business and interpersonal skills at all levels across the business with keen attention to detail and understandable technical documentation, reports and communications.
Previous experience of working within the legal sector is not a prerequisite for this position.
What you'll get in return
You will play a key strategic and operational part of a successful management board, working as part of a growing, successful and reputable organisation.
- Negotiable salary - c.£100,000 per annum
- 40 days annual leave entitlement inclusive of bank holiday
- Parking pass for local car park
- Mobile telephone & laptop
- Flexible working around core hour structure inc. working from home
Other elements of the benefits package are negotiable, and could include:
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's