About the role
F&F Clothing is a key differentiator for Tesco and an area of high growth potential. This role works alongside our expert design, marketing, buying & merchandising teams to lead the financial planning & analysis (FP&A) activities across the UK, ROI and Central Europe businesses. It is a role which offers great breadth and one that is ideally suited to somebody who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who has strong commercial acumen. It offers a great opportunity to work directly with the F&F Leadership team on a regular basis but will also require regular and effective communication with other Finance colleagues across the wider business.
You will be responsible for
• Leading all financial planning & analysis (FP&A) activities for the F&F business. This will cover:
o the Long-Term Plan
o the annual Budget
o the periodic rolling forecast
o monthly period-end performance
o key F&F project planning and appraisal
• Taking responsibility for co-ordinating and presenting F&F divisional performance to a wide range of stakeholders (including F&F Leadership, UK, ROI & Central Europe Finance leadership teams). The scope of this covers sales, commercial margin, stock & working capital, marketing & head office.
• Co-ordinating the F&F quarterly review presentations with the UK Chief Product Officer (together with half and full year review packs for our investor relations colleagues)
• Supporting and challenging F&F buying & merchandising teams through the periodic review process
• Building a clear and accessible understanding of the key drivers of divisional performance (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
• Maintaining a robust and comprehensive view of F&F risks & opportunities
• Driving actions to help unlock business opportunities - working closely with the F&F business teams
• Co-ordinating FP&A activities across teams in the UK, Central Europe, ROI and India to prioritise workload and ensure deliverables are met to a high standard
• Contributing to the effectiveness of the wider financial planning & analysis teams across Tesco Finance – building relationships and sharing best practice
• Managing, coaching & developing a Finance graduate – giving them clarity on deliverables and overseeing their professional development
You will need
- An accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
- A desire to add value and to drive positive change
- A strong attention to detail and to have a curious mind
- To be excellent at building relationships with multiple stakeholders
- To live the Tesco values – no one tries harder / treat others as they wish to be treated
- Strong communication skills – necessary in order to manage a broad stakeholder group
- To be willing and confident to challenge other colleagues – many of whom with a high level of experience in their field
- To be a team player – this role is a key part of a wider Product Finance team
- To be interested/ passionate about clothing and demonstrate a desire to think about our business from a customer perspective
What is in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but are not limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme from which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.