|Job Title:||Lead Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Carly Wassell|
|Job Published:||March 02, 2021 15:51|
- Execution, review and approval of RTR transactions and reports.
- Perform his/her own BS reconciliations and also review those prepared by direct reports.
- Responsible for timely completion of compliance tasks associated with entities accountable for.
- Responsible and accountable for the end-to-end solution and performance of an integrated set of EMEIA processes.
- The job holder is expected to run an effective and sustainable team, which has the capability to deliver the agreed services now and in the future.
- Job holder will be accountable for training and supervising a Junior accountant or managing a small team, which in turn will be responsible for a set of small entities accounts and service functional shared service requirements.
- The successful candidate will conduct regular 1-2-1 and provide regular feedback on performance of Junior Accountants.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Manage relationship with key internal stakeholders including Group Finance and Commercial team.
- Role may require some travel at times and work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
- Contributes to and makes authoritative recommendations on how the EMEIA entities processes are to be structured and what services will be delivered to stakeholders; taking transformation projects to completion by overseeing the change and its implementation.
- Manage the Junior Accountant/team. Being a service organisation, they will need to ensure there is the necessary clarity across the team about roles, goals, timescales, urgency of deliverables and standards of work to achieve in order to meet expectations and ensure the good reputation of the team and the BBS Centre.
- Ensures that Group Finance, Tax, Commercial Finance, Operations and BBS business goals and performance objectives are reflected and achieved in the process improvement projects and operations of the end-to-end process.
- Sets future objectives to align to BBS customer and business strategies.
- Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
- Work closely with the process owners to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Proactively seeks feedback from peers, Group Finance, Tax team, Commercial Finance and Operations specialists, as well as their team, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
- Works with other Burberry Group functions to leverage potential upgrades or consolidate shared systems and processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional accounting qualification is required e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Relevant accounting experience.
- Experience of ERP systems; SAP training and certification is a plus
- Strong technical background with experience in a FTSE company applying IFRS or local accounting GAAP is required.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment, analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates in all areas of income statement.
- Experience of BPC, and advanced excel skills, an advantage.
- Demonstration of management/supervisory experience, including history of hiring, training, motivating and retaining accounting personnel is desirable. Can provide examples of effective leadership and getting the best out of people, including during demanding periods.
- Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's