£39000 - £40000 per annum
27 days ago
Work in the Internal Audit team within Business Assurance to provide independent assurance around systems, processes and controls.
Our client is one of the largest telephone operators and mobile network providers in the world. It provides fixed and mobile telephony, broadband and subscription television, operating in Europe and the Americas.
The company is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index, and As of May 2017, our client was the 110th largest company in the world, according to Forbes.
- To help plan, perform and report IT controls testing for Sarbanes Oxley compliance and/or Financial Statement audit purposes. This will include coordination of the audit team supporting the engagement, review of work papers as well as managing communications with local management, Corporate Audit and the external auditors.
- To deliver other non-SOX testing as included in the annual audit plan.
- To provide assurance to ensure a robust and effective control environment is in place across all relevant finance processes, applications and systems, whether they are run internally or hosted and managed by external partners, and to help ensure that our successful track record in delivering excellent services whilst ensuring strong control frameworks and reliable compliance is maintained.
- To proactively engage with the business in relation to risk identification as part of the design and development of new products and propositions and to identify assurance requirements.
- To help develop and maintain the audit plan and devising the appropriate coverage approach.
- To help introduce technology supporting IA testing, in order to increase efficiency of our delivery; and
- To work with business management and other audit teams and to utilise computer assisted auditing techniques to help position the audit function as a real alternative to third party consultancy services.
- Degree educated with strong academics, and you should plan to acquire relevant qualifications which should be audit or IT related.
- You must have previous experience of working as an IT internal auditor and SOX auditor.
- Strong SOX understanding;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong enthusiasm and drive to succeed, and be an effective team player with ambitions to become a future leader;
- Good relationship building skills, building effective internal and external networks of contacts;
- Ability to perform well under pressure, as a team member or when working individually;
- Report writing skills to enable direct delivery of reports to management;
- Excellent analytical and observational skills coupled with good influencing and negotiating skills;
- Sound understanding of controls and risks and their application to the business environment;
- An interest to engage in the detail of the operating business processes;
- A keen desire to improve and enhance existing processes and control designs;
- Ability to identify efficiency gains and synergies and the skill to incorporate this into the audit process;
- Excellent time management, organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects successfully through to completion; and
- The ability to self-motivate and to work equally well in a team environment as on individual assignments, to work in a busy environment, and to deliver against tight timescales
The role will be based at O2's modern offices in Slough, located conveniently close to the motorway network, but may require up to 15-20% of UK travel to conduct the audits and compliance testing.