Investment Risk Reporting Manager
|Job Title:||Investment Risk Reporting Manager|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Williams|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2020 11:50|
Expanding Midlands business is looking to recruit an ambitious Risk Manager.
Leading Midlands business.
We are looking for an experienced person to join this Compliance and Risk team based in the Midlands. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer and broader Investment team.
The candidate will maintain compliance with investment risk related regulatory reporting requirements using appropriate systems, whilst ensuring risk systems and reporting are developed and implemented alongside business development and fund launces.
The role will involve the production of metrics for AIFMD/Annex IV reporting, completion of investment risk reports and presenting these to the relevant committees and identifying risks and risk mitigation.
The risk team plays a key role in supporting the Investment Manager's as well as other internal and external colleagues. The role does involve a level of challenge to ensure we maintain an effective and efficient risk management service the appointee will also oversee key risk processes.
- To put in place and operate effective risk management.
- Maintenance and update of the UK risk management framework and programme
- Maintenance and reporting on key risk indicators
- Creating and carrying out a regular review programme for the Senior Manager Risk Dashboards
- Maintaining appropriate risk scoring matrices
- Completion of risk reports and supporting documents
- Embedding and evolving the three lines of defence programme
- Risk training and communication
- To assist in the identification of risks and ensuring steps are taken to manage and mitigate these, reporting as appropriate.
- To ensure that the skills and knowledge of the Compliance & Risk team are developed to a high level, and to be an advocate of continuous professional development.
- To promote the work of the Compliance & Risk team within the company, including the delivery of risk training.
- To actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement them swiftly and effectively.
To play an active role in industry groups and initiatives, acting as an ambassador for the team and building strong and lasting relationships with other organisations.
- Able to communicate complex and highly technical matters in a way which is understandable and relevant.
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills, able to develop pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Active participant in continuous professional development, with an up-to-date knowledge of relevant accounting, finance, investments and pensions matters.
- Able to motivate and inspire members of the Compliance & Risk team to develop themselves and perform to a high level.
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels of the company and across the wider industry.
- Significant experience of undertaking Investment Risk roles in an asset management/pensions environment.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas, able to build belief and analytical thinker with high standards of professional judgement and objectivity.
- Able to provide effective team leadership and promote the role of the Compliance & Investment Risk team and the company.
- Strategic thinker who understands and makes an active contribution to the overarching aims and objectives of the company, whilst being able to interpret and relate these to the work of the Compliance & Investment Risk team.
- Degree level or equivalent in discipline area
- Strong mathematics
- Significant experience across Investment Risk
Relevant industry qualification.
Highly competitive salary and package on offer.
Also offer an excellent pension, leave and training benefits with a great flexible work environment for staff, that promotes a learning and inclusive culture.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Regulatory Reporting Change Manager
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Accountant - Investment FinTech
City of London, London
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus, benefits
Head of Risk and Compliance
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Healthcare, Pension + Perks
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Competitive Benefits
Audit & Assurance Assistant Manager
33000 - 37000