Investigations Accountant - Insolvency
|Job Title:||Investigations Accountant - Insolvency|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2019 17:02|
Menzies LLP is currently looking for passionate & talented individual to be our new Investigations Accountant. This is a key position based out of the Cardiff office and forms part of the wider Insolvency service we offer our clients.
The Investigations Accountant will be working under the guidance of the Insolvency Director, the role of Investigating Accountant involves assisting with and taking responsibility for a variety of claims and potential claims within the context of formal insolvency appointments.
The role would be ideal for a newly qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA) looking to develop skills in the varied and sometimes challenging area of insolvency claims and litigation.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing records and other sources of information to identify key facts
- Analysing accounts and financial records
- Liaising with others including lawyers, and other external professionals
- Reporting findings to Insolvency Practitioners and case teams
- Assisting with ad hoc queries within the team and sharing expertise
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our values!
- Holding an accountancy qualification, preferably ACCA or ACA
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication
- A desire to develop understanding of insolvency related claims
- An ability to sustain interest in a case over a long period of time
- An ability to assimilate large quantities of information
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Forensic Investigations Director, Boutique Firm
Competitive + bonus + benefits
Senior Insolvency Manager - offshore posting
British Virgin Islands
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£38000.00 - £44000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £47000.00 per annum