International Tax Accountant
|Job Title:||International Tax Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Jobin James|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2021 18:38|
The International Tax Accountant will be supporting the Senior Tax Manager with all of the Group operations outside of the UK and Americas. This will include tax compliance, tax reporting, correspondence with tax authorities, transfer pricing, withholding tax, repatriation and all other tax aspects as needed ensuring compliance based upon sound research, analysis and interpretation of tax laws and tax reporting guidance under IFRS and US GAAP.
Our client is a large Global Business and has gone from strength to strength over the past few years, posting very strong results in 2020 despite the pandemic.
- Responsible for the tax compliance process for a number of companies within the Group's International operations work to include all related analysis, research memos and support. The tax compliance is outsourced and the role entails managing their process and deliverables.
- With the Senior Tax Manager being responsible for the completion of the tax reporting matters for the quarter and annual reports for the International group and potentially other countries including the preparation and oversight of the tax expense, deferred taxes, valuation allowances and contingency reserves.
- Responsible for ensuring tax payments are accurately calculated and made on a timely manner
- Serve as subject matter expert to ensure that the tax filing positions are supported by sound research.
- Assist the wider Tax Group with identifying, researching and implementing tax savings strategies.
- Provide direction and support to outside advisors working on tax projects include M&A activity.
- Project coordination responsibilities including integration work following acquisitions made by the group
- Coordination of the international tax filings to support Country by Country Reporting and transfer pricing
- Understanding compliance guidelines with US GAAP, IFRS and SEC regulations.
- Implement, maintain and report SOX tax controls and processes over the international tax process.
- Ensure controls over Corporate Criminal Offence are maintained and where necessary enhanced
- Interact with financial accounting on a regular basis.
- Other duties as needed to fulfil tax responsibilities for the tax department
- University Degree
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience working in tax required
- Must possess superior organisational and documentation skills
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on complex tax issues
- Strong analytical skills set and solid experience with tax financial data
- Solid Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and computer knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a team oriented environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional departments
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
This person will have the opportunity to develop a new best in class UK tax organisation to ensure long-term optimisation of tax strategies in collaboration with the global tax group and business units.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's