International Programme Accountant
|Job Title:||International Programme Accountant|
|Salary:||£39k - 42k per year|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Moss|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2021 17:24|
Want to work for a rapidly growing, prestigious organisation in a role with international travel? Are you looking for an exciting programmes-focused role within the international development sector? Keen to be part of an ambitious organisation that offers excellent employee culture?
If yes, then this is the role for you!
My client is a London based charity who is looking for an International Programme Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis in this newly created role. The successful candidate will be offered a fantastic benefits package including opportunities to work from home, 27 days annual leave and excellent on the job training. Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the end to end finances for your own portfolio of projects and business partnering with in-country teams to provide sound financial advise and enable them to meet targets.
The main responsibilities of this International Programme Accountant role are as follows:
- Take the lead on the management and compliance of all grants under your area of responsibility, reporting on all financial matters to specific programme donors on a monthly basis, including analysis of project expenditure against budgets.
- Provide invaluable support to the in-country teams right from the programme bid development stage, scoping programmes to put together budgets to submit to the donors.
- Business partner with the international finance teams, challenging attitudes, updating budgets according to programme changes and dealing with queries as required.
- Full responsibility for ensuring that all grants within your remit are tracked and reflected within the accounting system, including preparing grant reconciliations.
- Undertake international travel to various locations to develop and manage relationships with stakeholders on programme-specific matters and ensure compliance with contract terms.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a passion for international development, who is looking to further their finance career and is excited at the prospect of learning from an experienced line manager, who will invest in a proactive and determined individual. Candidates studying towards their ACA qualification and looking to make their first move out of audit are also strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified as an accountant or be actively studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA).
- Ideally, previous experience working in or auditing the charity sector. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- A passion for international development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a bubbly personality and the drive and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
- Proven experience of preparing complex reports.
If you are interested in this International Programme Accountant opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and the line manager is looking to interview ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner - International
50000 - 55000
Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£200.00 - £230.00 per day
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Systems Project Accountant
Birmingham, West Midlands