International Grants Accountant
|Job Title:||International Grants Accountant|
|Salary:||£37k - 40k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2020 18:50|
Are you looking for an exciting programmes-focused role within the international development sector? Want to work for a rapidly growing, prestigious organisation in a role with international travel? Keen to be part of an ambitious organisation that offers excellent employee culture?
If yes, then this is the role for you!
My client is a London based charity who is looking for an International Grants Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis in this newly created role. The successful candidate will be offered a fantastic benefits package including opportunities to work from home, 27 days annual leave and a study support package upon completion of the probation period.
The main responsibilities of this International Grants Accountant role are as follows:
- Take the lead on the management and compliance of all grants under your area of responsibility, reporting on all financial matters to specific programme donors on a monthly basis, including analysis of project expenditure against budgets.
- Provide invaluable support to the in-country teams right from the programme bid development stage, scoping programmes to put together budgets to submit to the donors.
- Business partner with the international finance teams, challenging attitudes, updating budgets according to programme changes and dealing with queries as required.
- Full responsibility for ensuring that all grants within your remit are tracked and reflected within the accounting system, including preparing grant reconciliations.
- Undertake international travel to various locations to develop and manage relationships with stakeholders on programme-specific matters and ensure compliance with contract terms.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a passion for international development, who is looking to further their finance career and is excited at the prospect of learning from an experienced line manager, who will invest in a proactive and determined individual.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified as an accountant or be actively studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Ideally, previous experience working in the charity sector. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a bubbly personality and the drive and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
- Proven experience of preparing complex reports.
If you are interested in this International Grants Accountant opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and the line manager is looking to interview ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
International Finance Business Partner
£44k - 47k per year
£40000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits
£48000 - £51000 per annum
Up to £200 per day
Interim Financial Accountant Manager
£300 - £330 per day