International Financial Controller
|Job Title:||International Financial Controller|
|Location:||Bradford, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alexandra Elliott|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2021 14:39|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to undertake the role of International Financial Controller for a Globally recognised FMCG business based in Bradford.
Your new role
As Financial Controller, you'll oversee all financial control for three business subsidiaries, and be a pivotal member of the leadership team, driving controls and continuous improvement across the business, whilst managing and developing your finance team of 3 direct reports and in total a team of 9.
The role will include, but is by no means limited to:
- Managing a team delivering accounting and financial control activities across multiple international subsidiaries
- Overseeing the month-end close process and provision of timely and accurate reporting and analysis to the business.
- Lead on balance sheet discipline and ensure all financial considerations are clearly articulated and joined up with the forecasting process.
- Lead on all relevant accounting standards and global accounting policy requirements; proficient in US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Responsible for timely and accurate statutory reporting ensuring any new technical accounting & governance requirements are considered; effectively manage the audit relationship.
- Lead on cash flow forecasting and reporting and work across ISSC to instil positive cash-flow disciplines.
- Ensuring Hallmark subsidiaries receive the maximum benefit and value from the International Shared Service centre at best possible cost whilst providing a good level of quality and customer experience.
- Working collaboratively with other teams in finance globally and with other local business teams, to identify and realise improvement opportunities and resolve issues.
- Ongoing development of a Service Management Framework including KPI definition and target setting, and delivery of services aligned to SLA that meet agreed KPIs and budget.
- Instigating a service culture and customer experience orientation in the team.
- Ensuring that business and working processes are documented, standardised, modified in a controlled manner, waste eliminated and the documentation for the area updated to reflect any changes.
- Playing a full and active part in driving the success of the International Shared Service Centre (ISSC) as a member of the ISSC leadership team, successfully on-boarding new ISSC services that benefit the global business
What you'll need to succeed
This role is perfectly suited to a highly ambitious and career driven, technically trained accountant who is passionate about driving a business, developing a team, enhancing culture and performance, and driving continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate:
- Are a qualified accountant with ACA or equivalent with an audit background and exceptional eye for detail
- Have proven experience in a Financial Controller role with a strong technical ability
- Have proven experience in financial leadership, inputting to financial strategy and supporting achievement of business objectives.
- Are a team player with proven leadership, people management and mentoring experience.
- Have proven experience in a service oriented culture including management of SLAs.
- Have proven experience in driving a culture of continuous improvement and change management.
- Are active in your participation in systems improvement/implementation programmes
- International/US experience would be desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
- £55-60k + Bonus
- Competitive car allowance
- Very flexible working, both flexi time and the opportunity to work from home (35 hour week)
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Free onsite parking
- A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work/life balance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + bonus
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum