International Charity Accountant
|Job Title:||International Charity Accountant|
|Salary:||38000 - 40000|
|Contact Name:||Apeksha Sumaria|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2021 16:29|
Our partner is a global charitable foundation with programmes spanning across different areas including education, health & nutrition, empowering agricultural communities and establishing sustainable livelihoods.
The UK office is responsible for raising funds from institutional donors and governments across Europe, and works with partner organisations around the world to identify, apply for and manage these grants.
The role is a unique opportunity for an auditor with grants audit experience looking to transition into a broader role within a well-respected international development charity with a positive work culture.
- Supporting the Programmes Finance Manager in designing and strengthening financial systems, procedures and controls on grant management and compliance, regularly reviewing and updating these; and training staff as required
- Monitoring programmatic activity and spend, and maintaining the grants management tracker tool.
- Preparing financial information for internal reporting, and assisting in the preparation of the programmes finance elements on statutory financial statements
- Overseeing the financial administration of programmes grants. This includes reviewing concept notes and proposals, preparing donor and other grant agreements, setting up grant codes, and preparing donor reports.
- Supporting on budget proposal development and refinement for new grant proposals; and ensuring that donor and the foundation rules on accounting, procurement and project implementation are adhered to.
- Supporting in reviewing and approving due diligence assessments on potential partners, and carrying out monitoring visits and audits of projects.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA or equivalent (finalists considered) with experience in grant audits, specifically institutional grants audit (DfID, EU/EC, USAID), with at least 3 years of work experience.
- Sound technical and analytical skills, report writing and presentation skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MSOffice, especially MSExcel
- Excellent command of the English language, both in a written and oral capacity.
- Strong business partnering skills, experience of working with field staff in an INGO setting in a remunerated or paid capacity is highly desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity while working with a hugely diverse range of stakeholders
- A real interest in international development and associated funding structures.
AfID are leading specialists in supporting NGOs operating globally with their financial management capacity & recruitment needs, on both a 'pro-bono' & ,commercial' basis. For more opportunities in the international development sector (International & UK) or to find out more about how we can assist your non-profit organisation please visit the AfID website.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner - International
50000 - 55000
Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£200.00 - £230.00 per day
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Management Accountant - Newly Qualified
£45000 - £50000 per annum