International Audit Senior
|Job Title:||International Audit Senior|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Harvey|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 12:06|
Overview: The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
This role will be based in London but will require International travel.
• Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
• Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
• Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
• Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
• Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
• Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
• Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
• Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
•Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or CTS.
• Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
• Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
• Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
• Sector experience appropriate to BDO clients
• Experience with listed clients
• Experience auditing international groups and working with other world wide BDO offices.
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's