Internal Controls & Compliance Manager - Global tech company
|Job Title:||Internal Controls & Compliance Manager - Global tech company|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum + + benefits + 2 days working from home|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Scuffam|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2019 11:09|
European Internal Control & SOX Manager reporting to the CFO combined with European Senior Compliance Advisor reporting to EMEA General Counsel.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices, which brings together and integrates technology and expertise to create the ICT enabled society of tomorrow.
Our client maintains a worldwide network of subsidiary companies, which includes operations in Europe where they perform various sales, manufacturing and R&D functions. Today, our client's EMEA team has 12 affiliates throughout Europe, employing approximately 850 personnel, located across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Our client is looking to develop further their internal controls and compliance function so is dedicated to recruiting for this role and finding the right person.
This role has a dual function: one as European Internal Control & SOX Manager reporting to Chief Finance Officer and a second one as European Senior Compliance Advisor reporting to EMEA General Counsel, being part of the Legal & Compliance Department.
Internal Control & SOX Manager
- To promote the design and operation of an effective and efficient internal control system and the relevant company affiliates.
- Prepare and execute annual risk based audit review plan.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of the annual European J-SOX requirement
- Ensure compliance areas on Anti Bribery, Third Parties, Money Laundry, Competition, Export Control and Privacy are executed successfully throughout Europe.
- Ensure the Policies and Compliance Framework follow company requirements
- European applicable legislation (including Anti Bribery Act) and Compliance ISOs such as 19600, 37001
- Pro-actively contribute as member of the Compliance Committee, GDPR Steering Group and Whistle Blowing Committee.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to manage Stakeholder interests
- Adaptability, ability to liaise effectively with different cultures at all levels and throughout the Group;
- Flexible thinker, able to take a practical, sensible and commercial approach;
- Work effectively as a virtual team member
- Demonstrable experience in Internal Controls and relevant Compliance experience
- Knowledge and experience on International Standards of Compliance, such as 19600 and 7001 and Compliance
- Legislation on such areas at European level, like the UK Anti- Bribery Act
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS conflicts is essential
- Exciting dual role with the room to really add value to the organisation
- The opportunity to operate within a well known, recognisable technology brand
- 2 days per week working from home
- Competitive salary & benefits
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + FTC
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Accounting and Financial Control Manager