Internal Auditor- Property and Construction
|Job Title:||Internal Auditor- Property and Construction|
|Location:||South West London, London|
|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Angus King|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 14:19|
Required to police and reinforce the financial policies of a fast-growing operator, the client need a hands-on and tenacious Internal Auditor to scrutinise everything from the bottom up, improve our way of doing things and reduce waste.
With an already vast portfolio stretching significantly across London and the South East of England, the client has exciting and ambitious plans for the future, looking to expand their influence even further. With a long-term financing strategy, the client is also committed to social responsibility and strives to give back to the community. Consequently, the client is proud to support charities, and has a real emphasis on supporting the mission to end homelessness, as well as helping those most disadvantaged in society.
- Identify areas in the business with potential for leakage of cash (income & expenditure)
- Robust challenge of all expenditure
- Confirm construction valuations are accurate for labour and materials costs. Devise appropriate controls.
- Regular audit and report to ensure tenancy schedules are accurate and up to date
- Assess all payments of business rates / Council tax and explain why they cannot be mitigated
- Audit service charges supporting Asset Management team
- Audit external agents processes for residential and commercial assets to ensure all monies due and payable are collected and processes are in place to prevent loss through error or fraud
- Scrutinise fee levels of external architects, lawyers, QS's and other time-based costs
The successful candidate will:
- Be keen to work in an entrepreneurial environment and adapt to different ways of working to meet aspirational targets
- Understand accounting processes and cost control
- Be a tenacious individual with strong attention to detail
- Be pragmatic with an ability to complete tasks under own esteem
- Be highly numerate with strong Excel skills
- £60-80k salary.
- Central London base.
- A people first organisation with a healthy view on work-life balance.
- Opportunity to be in a thriving and expanding company.
- Opportunity to report directly to the CFO.
- Opportunity to move within the company into core finance or operations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car + bonus + benefits
Property Development Accountant
£50000 - £53000 per annum + working from home, flexible working
Senior Property Accountant / Team Leader - Real Estate
South London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Finance and Contract Support Manager
Up to £60000 per annum + Car, up to 15% bonus
Head of Development Finance
£85000 - £95000 per annum