Internal Auditor - 40% Travel
|Job Title:||Internal Auditor - 40% Travel|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits|
|Contact Name:||Robert Warwick|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2020 15:43|
A major Logistics group with its Head Office in Central London have a new vacancy for an Internal Auditor. This company has a very strong record of growth over the last few years, and successful financials to go with it. As such, its internal audit function continues to play a key role in ensuring that financial and operational risk is at a healthy level. This role will offer you significant experience of financial and operational aspects of a diverse multinational business and international travel whilst performing risk based financial audits across the EMEA region.
The Key Responsibilities in this role will be:
- Executing internal audits for assigned cycles of the audit program by reviewing financial controls and testing compliance with established internal control policies, procedures, regulations and laws as applicable;
- Discussing audit findings and issues with local management as they arise and with the Internal Audit Manager before presenting these in the final audit close meeting;
- Occasional ad hoc assignments including investigations and assisting with the execution of the SOX initiative which would include performing controls testing, ensuring that deficiencies are identified, and remediation agreed.
- Identifying business and financial risks including opportunities to improve business processes and improving internal controls whilst ensuring the integrity and reliability of the controls;
- Timely completion of Internal Audit Workpapers and audit program including documenting identified risks, issues and recommendations in the Internal Audit Software Team Mate;
- Ensuring completion of all issues and working papers in Team Mate by all team members on the audit and then producing the first draft audit report including the Executive Summary for review by the Audit Manager.
This role operates across the globe and will require travel of around 40%, which can often be long haul. A typically audit assignment is max 2 weeks in duration, and you'll normally travel with 2 to 3 Auditors/Seniors and an Internal Audit Manager.
The successful candidate will have a broad audit experience, including financial and operational; and you will either be newly Qualified ACA/ACCA or have 3/4 years Internal Audit experience. Technical competency in accounting is essential, as is the ability to think "outside the box" from external auditing to identify risks and issues in a business environment. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship to apply.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's