|Job Title:||Internal Auditor|
|Salary:||circa £40,000 p.a. plus benefits|
|Contact Name:||Stephanie Taggart|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2021 10:28|
Salary: c£40k based on full-time working of 35 hours pw
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: UK, flexible on location
We believe in ‘Technology for Good’ – in improving lives through education and research. Our people want to make a real change – at Jisc, everyone plays a key role and gets the chance to feel part of it, that to us is the definition of a meaningful career. Being a social enterprise means that no matter how small our individual actions are, the positive impact on our collective is huge.
We’re a place unlike any other, where the best of education fuses with the best of technology to create a unique model with its unique opportunities and interesting problems to solve. It’s what keeps our work varied, original and surprising – and that’s why we love it.
We’re gearing up for our most exciting chapter yet – one with the chance to both build new systems and make our mark by improving old ones. Our story will be written by those ready to take on challenges and see them through; the kind of people who never stop learning, celebrating differences and using it to drive better solutions.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. But we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. If you're excited about working for us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
• Either fully or part qualified working towards a professional qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, IIA)
• Internal audit experience including some expertise in:
o Application of risk-based audit techniques
o Business & Finance Controls
o IT General Controls
• Influencing and negotiating
• Analysis and problem-solving
• Written and verbal communication
About the role:
The role of the internal audit service is to undertake audit work for the Jisc group as agreed with management and the Audit & Risk Management Committee (ARMC). The service helps to promote and support Jisc's improvement and efficiency by evaluating governance, structures, projects, policies, processes, systems and controls.
Please see below for more information on some of the roles responsibilities:
• Provide high quality audit assignments in accordance with recognised professional audit standards.
• Simultaneously undertake several large and / or complex audit assignments across Jisc.
• Liaise and meet with Jisc staff at all levels to perform the audits.
• Determine the scope of work for individual audits in conjunction with the applicable director or senior manager.
• Prepare and issue key deliverables including terms of reference and audit reports.
• Identify audit recommendations, negotiate acceptance of these with clients and track their progress.
• Provide guidance to key staff within Jisc to encourage and enable them to improve their processes and controls.
Why work at Jisc:
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We are always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
• A range of health & wellbeing benefits, including cash plan, and access to wellbeing support
• You have the option to join a generous pension scheme
• We offer a wide range of discounts, a cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans as well as a range of other benefits
• We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but getting face to face is something we value and is essential in this role, so you will need to travel – however this won’t be excessive travel, and therefore will be a mixture of home based and travel with the UK. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know:
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
Just so you know, we review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within a week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 2/7/2021
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Contractor- Business Continuity, Crisis Management & Governance
£350 - £400 per day + Outside IR35
Finance Business Partner
£43500.00 - £45000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£50,000 - £52,000 per year
Finance Process Improvement Manager
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Chief Finance Officer
50000 - 50000