Yorkshire and the Humber
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package
13 days ago
To conduct accurate and timely audit work and project assurance reviews. Supporting Audit Managers as required to ensure we can provide independent assurance to the Board, through the Audit Committee, on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in order to add value and improve the Group's operations and the control environment.
The client are a FTSE 100 listed business based in Yorkshire
The Internal Auditor's key responsibilities include;
- Identify risks and opportunities for departments so that managers across the business can respond to them on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including stores, to understand and meet their needs.
- Demonstrate a customer focus through daily routines.
- Support your business areas in developing and maintaining their operational risk register.
- Continually focusing on simplifying and improving processes and controls.
- Understand the environment of the area in which you work and implications of changes.
The successful Internal Auditor should be;
- Qualified through experience, working towards or possess the relevant professional qualifications (CIA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of audit, risk and control and how to apply audit methodology and risk management principles
- An ability to deliver in a complex, fast paced environment
- Good analytical thinking and numerical skills
- Good Microsoft Excel or Google sheets skills
- Good verbal communication skills, ability to articulate with stakeholders in a clear and transparent way
- Good written communication / report writing skills
- Resilience and ability to adapt in an ever changing environment
- Desirable: ability to conduct data analytics using IDEA or other data analytics tools
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of having to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Previous experience of supporting the delivery of audit plan
The successful Internal Auditor will receive;
- Competitive salary of up to £45,000 (depending on experience),
- Great Benefits package,
- Fantastic brand on CV
- Working with a supportive business.